Method / Guidelines
The Hohenstein tests have been developed based on the following standards:
- DIN EN ISO 11721-1: Textiles - Determination of resistance of cellulose-containing textiles to microorganisms
- DIN EN ISO 846: Plastics - Evaluation of the action of microorganisms on plastics
- DIN EN 13432: Packaging - Requirements for packaging recoverable through composting and biodegradation
With the applicable standards in mind, the Hohenstein Institute offers individual tests which are based on the requirements of each client.
- The loss of mass by the textile: We examine the process by which a product is rotted by microorganisms such as fungi and bacteria in the presence of oxygen.
- The eco-toxicological safety of the textile: The effect on the environment is tested using the earthworm, cress and Daphnia magna tests.