The Hohenstein Institute is one of the two founding members of the International OEKO-TEX® Association with its certifications to:
- STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®
- STeP by OEKO-TEX® (Sustainable Textile Production) and
- MADE IN GREEN by OEKO-TEX® .
The STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® with its independent testing and certification system has stood for safety along the entire textile chain since 1992. It can be found on millions of products today. A large part of these were examined at the laboratories of the Hohenstein Institute on the basis of the criteria catalogue which is updated annually. The over 100 individual parameters include:
- perspiration resistance
- rubbing fastness
- water fastness
- saliva resistance
- banned azo dyes (carcinogenic aromatic amines)
- carcinogenic and allergenic dyes
- extractable heavy metals
- organochloride compounds
- organotin compounds (DBT, TBT)
- PAH (polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons)
- PFOA/PFOS (perfluorooctane sulfonate/perfluorooctanoic acid)
- skin-neutral pH-value
- In addition to OEKO-TEX® testing for harmful substances, we for example also provide neutral and independent certification for textile aids in line with the requirements of the Eco Passport, we carry out general testing for harmful substances and we verify the biological safety (biocompatibility) of textiles. All with the aim of ensuring best possible skin friendliness of the products to help prevent skin irritations, allergic reactions and more. This safety can be passed on to your customers with the Hohenstein Quality Label .
- Apart from textiles, we also test toys for harmful substances. To guarantee that toys are safe and of high quality, the Hohenstein Institute offers to test toys based on European directives and harmo¬nised standards. We test toys, etc. independently and objectively for harmful substances. If toys prove to be safe and of high quality, i.e. above the legal safety requirements, they can be awarded a quality label
- With regard to the conformity of your products with the REACH regulation we are happy to provide advice on the current requirements and are able to carry out the corresponding testing for harmful substances if required.