Prof. Dr. Dirk Höfer
Medical Director - Hohenstein Health Center / Chief Executive Officer
Prof. Höfer has a special interest in textiles in health sciences. He studies the effects of textile products on human health and assesses the benefits and risks of clothing and technical textiles in everyday conditions and in a clinical setting.
- 1985-1989 Studied Theoretical Medicine (Human Biology), Philipps University, Marburg
- 1992 Doctorate, Dr. rer. physiol.
- 1992-1998 Research Assistant in the Medical Faculty, Würzburg
- 1998 Post-doctorate, PD Dr. med. habil.
- 1998-2001 Head of German Research Foundation projects at the Medical Faculty, Würzburg
- 2001-2004 Head of the Institute for Hygiene and Biotechnology, Hohenstein Institute
- 2004-2016 Director of the William Küster Institute of Hygiene, Environment & Medicine, Hohenstein Institute
- 2008 Professor in "Everyday Culture and Health" at the University of Education, Freiburg
- 2010 Deputy Head of the Hohenstein Institut für Textilinnovation gGmbH
- 2015 Managing Director of the Hohenstein Laboratories GmbH & Co. KG
- 2017 Medical Director - Hohenstein Health Center