FAQ: Questions and answers about our webinars
What are webinars, what advantages do they offer and how does it all work? What are the answers to the most frequent questions and how can you take part yourself?
We have put together the main information and facts about webinars for you.
- What is a webinar?
A webinar is a seminar that takes place over the Internet. It is interactive and enables two-way communication between the speaker and the participants..
- Why webinars?
- There are no travel or accommodation costs for you to pay
- The time involved is little
- Most of the webinars are free of charge
- Questions can be asked interactively via the chat facility
- The webinars continue to be available afterwards as recordings
- How do the webinars from the Hohenstein e_academy work?
During our live webinars, which last 30 to 45 minutes, our experts present all kinds of subjects using audiovisual media. That is to say, you watch a slide presentation and listen to the verbal explanations by the speaker. Using the keypad of your computer, you can ask questions in the chat session taking place in parallel which will be answered by our experts, either also in writing or verbally.
- Who can take part in a Hohenstein Institute webinar?
In principle, anyone can take part in a webinar. All you have to do to take part is sign up for the webinar on our website. Anyone who is interested must sign up with a personalised email address (no info(at) - addresses!).
- How can I sign up for the webinar?
Go to the sign-up page:
You can find an overview of all planned webinars here . Clicking on the relevant subject takes you to the sign-up page.
On the sign-up page:
Select the webinar for which you wish to sign up and enter the details that are required to complete the signing up process. Please do not use any info(at)-addresses, because these lead to technical problems in our system and can stop you from being registered correctly. When you have completed the signing up process, you will receive a message on the website and a confirmation email.
Detailed instructions about taking part can be found here.
- How do I receive the access details for the webinar?
Once you have signed up on our website, in the confirmation email you will receive a link for registering on GoTo Webinar. Please register again there, with your name and email address. Once this registration is complete, you will receive another confirmation email with the access details and all the other information you need to take part in the webinar.
- What are the system requirements for taking part in a session?
- Speakers, headphones or a telephone
- Internet connection
- Windows® 8, 7, Vista, 2003 Server orr XP
- Mac OS® X 10.6 (Snow Leopard®) or newer
- iOS 6 or newer
- Android 2.2 or newer
- Internet Explorer® 7.0 or newer
- Mozilla® Firefox® 4.0 or newer
- Safari™ 3.0 or newer
- Google Chrome™
- Do I need any special software to take part in the webinar?
Yes, but this will be automatically installed. As soon as you click on the access link shortly before the webinar, the GoTo Webinar Launcher.exe file will run automatically.
If this does not happen, please save the file on your desktop and run it from there.
The Citrix Online Launcher allows you to take part in a webinar once. This means that the launcher will be deleted from your PC after the session and will have to be installed again for the next webinar.
If you are using a tablet or smartphone, you will need the free GoTo Meeting-App. For more information on that, see below.
- How can I test whether the software/equipment is working?
You can also join a test session via the link in your confirmation email.
- Can I also watch the webinar (again) at a later date?
Yes. We record our webinars and make them available in our Webinar Archive. Apart from a video player to play the film and a speaker, no special software or hardware is required.
- Can I take part in the webinar using a smartphone or tablet?
Yes, you can. First you need to install the free GoTo Meeting app. You will be asked to install it before you take part.
iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch (iOS):
- GoTo Meeting app available from the iTunes App Store
- System requirements:
- Gerät: iPad® 2 or newer, iPhone® 4 or newer, iPod® Touch (3rd generation) or newer
- Operating system: iOS 7 or newer
- Internet: Wireless Internet access is recommended for VVoIP (Video and Voice over IP)
- GoTo Meeing App available from the Google Play Store or Amazon Appstore (USA)
- System requirements: The minimum requirement is Android version 2.2
- You can find more information in English here.
- Can we follow the webinar as a group, for example in a seminar room?
To take part in the webinar as a group, only one person needs to sign up for it. On the day of the webinar, simply join in from your seminar room via the access link that you will receive by email at the end of the signing-up process. Then you can use a video projector and screen or a large monitor and speakers so that several people can follow the webinar.